Sunday, April 4, 2010

Easter do not mean about hats

Sometimes life overwhelms me. Now is one of those times. I graduate in like 42 days, and it is so very weird. Don't get me wrong, I'm not in the least bit worried about it; it's just weird. I mean I've been in school for the last 16 years-I've been in school for more years of my life than I haven't been-so the idea of not having that structure and everything that comes with it is a little...weird. (Clearly I'm not feeling very loquacious today; I think I'm a little dehydrated) You may, or more likely may not, have noticed I have missed a few of my scheduled blogs, and there haven't been any other updates to make up for it. My bad. I'm going to try to get back in the groove this week. Meanwhile, I would like to talk about Easter a little.

Friday night at a Bible study I am doing with some sweet friends we talked about so many good things, and the Lord really used what we discussed to prepare my heart for today when I got fellowship and worship with my church family. One of my favorite things we talked about Friday was how amazing ad outstanding it is that The Father turned His face away from His only son because of me. It was and is so impressive to me to meditate on that, and be reminded that my sin was so great and so terrible that God the Father could not bear to look upon His Son and would not ease His suffering. And then that God the Son would willlingly die for me knowing He was going to be rejected by His Father whom He loved and had more special of a connection with than I ever could. It's absolutely amazing. And humbling.

Because of Christ and Christ alone am I redeemed. He made Himself the atonement for my sins, and I am eternally in awe.

Romans 3:21-26 "But now the righteousness of God has been manifested apart from the law, although the Law and the Prophets bear witness to it—the righteousness of God through faith in Jesus Christ for all who believe. For there is no distinction: for all have sinned and fall short of the glory of God, and are justified by his grace as a gift, through the redemption that is in Christ Jesus, whom God put forward as a propitiation by his blood, to be received by faith. This was to show God’s righteousness, because in his divine forbearance he had passed over former sins. It was to show his righteousness at the present time, so that he might be just and the justifier of the one who has faith in Jesus."

I pray that I never forget I Peter 2:24 "He himself bore our sins in his body on the tree, that we might die to sin and live to righteousness. By his wounds you have been healed."

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...