Saturday, March 13, 2010

The Premier of Secret Saturday

If you guys are going to be faithful (and crazy) enough to read my ramblings, I've decided that I owe it to you to be more personal. Sometimes I share with you what God's doing in my life, and sometimes I share silly things that I think, but I think there needs to be a constant. And one that's somewhere in the middle; Secret Saturday is my attempt at such. Each week I will tell you something personal about me that you probably don't know. Some weeks will be juicer than others, some more obvious, but I'm sure I will often risk embarassment. Good news is, I love you enough not to care :) [sidenote: since the embarassing thing isn't a joke, I'll probably only remind you this first Sat. Every other one you'll have to remember to check or miss out.] So yeah. Let's get this started shall we?


Secret One: Sometimes I wish I had a twin.


This has been a thing for me ever since I saw "The Parent Trap" back in the day. I really believed for at least a year there was a 70% chance my dad was part of a cover-up conspiracy and my real dad and twin sister lived somewhere else. (I think the whole experience may have done a little psychological damage, but I can't prove anything.) I also kind of think the only reason I stopped thinking that was because the theory was based on a movie, and my mom an I were absolutely not as posh as the mom/daughter in said movie. (Completely aware of the extent of my ridiculousness) This experience also helped foster a mild obsession with the Olsen twins (I can feel you judging as I type). So here's what my life would look like if I had a twin.



We would take cute pictures together like this:
We would be rockstars with messy hair and big glasses like this:

We would wear fabulous dresses for artsy pictures like this:

And we would have amazing tastes in fashion like here:

We would also clearly have to have different hair color so we wouldn't confuse people, and we would go to class for each other (wearing hats to cover the hair) so we'd never miss anything. I would always have someone to ask "I can wear my hair like this?" and "Is this too much?" And I'd never have to talk to myself. ...now that I think about it, having a twin might be too much Jenna. I'm not sure the world can handle two of me.

Even still, sometimes I wish I had a twin.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...