Thursday, November 18, 2010

crafty, like a fox.

I'd like to think of lots of inspirational and exciting things to say here, but I don't really have any. So here it is straight; I made this thing for my friend Allison, and I kind of wanted to keep it.


.

I used:
  • Bristol Board (because I use it for lots of things, and I'm all about convenience)
  • Box Cutter (because I trust myself more with it than my Exacto knife)
  • Patterned Paper (because contact paper is whoa expensive if you're using it on small things)
  • Spray Adhesive (because it's quicker and less goopy than glue)
  • Writing Utensil, Scissors, Holepunch and Twine (because you need them, ok)

Here's how it goes:

1.gather supplies (or don't, it's your business if you like taking lots of breaks to find what you need next)
2.draw the shapes you want to use (on the Bristol Board [or cardstock or cereal boxes] ) 

3.cut them out
4.adhere patterned paper to them (then cut around the edges with your box cutter)


5.punch holes in them
6.string them together
7.hang it up, admire it, help a friend decorate for the season

    I included this quote from John Donne's "The Autumnal" on the back of Allison's "NO spring, nor summer beauty hath such grace. As I have seen in one autumnal face" because I love him and it described what I was feeling.

    It took less than 2 hours total to make (including cutting, whining about cutting, resting my hand from cutting, cutting my finger, and various other tasks) and you could substitute whatever other shape your heart desires for the leaves and acorns (like I'm doing for another friend of mine's Christmas present).

    i am so bad at how-tos, sorry boutcha.

    No comments:

    Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...