Tuesday, February 23, 2010

Prioritize

So maybe I should be writing my paper that's due tomorrow that I haven't even started yet, but I'm not ready yet; I'm prioritizing. Tonight, my small group was absolutely amazing. We talked about things that really hit home for us, we shared some awesome things God is doing, and saw an old story through the eyes of a sweet baby Christian. Sometimes, I can't believe myself, and sometimes, I can't believe God. He is so faithful. Always. This past week, God has been moving in such a mighty way in my life, and I can't get over it. Absolutely EVERYTHING that comes into my life fits perfectly into what He's teaching and revealing to me. Songs, verses, lessons, friends, quotes, everything. I've been so convicted, distraught, amazed, encouraged, and at peace this week. I cant even talk (or write) about it without crying. Why do I ever doubt His power? Why don't I realize the significance of the fact that He is working all things together for my good? For my good! I know this sounds like rambling, but if I tried to share every little thing He's been weaving together for me, it would be way too long. I just think that good things should be shared, and let me tell you, God is good.
Wind is one of my favorite metaphors for God's love. I love the idea of wind driving away the fog that blocks our vision, or moving the clouds that dishearten our spirit. Tonight we sang a song, and the words were so beautifully perfect. "Like the rushing of a mighty wind, come and fill our hearts again," and that's what God has done in my life this week. He has come with such unexpected force that it took my breath away and consumed me.

This is one of my favorite verses, and living in it this week has been the best decision ever. "Trust in him at all times, O people; pour out your hearts to him, for God is our refuge" Psalm 62:8

2 comments:

Lesley said...

Awesome Jenna!
I would love to hear about what is going on in your life. Get that paper done and have a wonderful week.
Love you

Allison Drew said...

Some how I missed this blog when you first posted it. This was exactly what I needed to read today. I'm so glad God put you in my life.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...